Supporting the Global Goals
In 2015, the United Nation’s Member States met and agreed on 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals or SDGs. Achieving these would mean an end to extreme poverty, inequality and climate change by 2030.
Happy Creative is proud to support the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals.
The wellbeing of our society matters to us
We recognise that the wellbeing of our business cannot be separated from the wellbeing of ourselves and our society. We give back our time, skills and money to benefit society.
As part of our purpose to spread happiness, the wellbeing of our society matters, this is why we’ve chosen to support these two goals.
The Happy Pledge
We’re part of a community of like-minded organisations that Support the Goals. We’re happily supporting Goal 2 Zero Hunger and Goal 3 Good Health and Wellbeing, here’s how.
The Happies’ goal is to contribute to helping end hunger by 2030 and ensure access to all people, in particular the poor and people in vulnerable situations, including infants, to safe, nutritious and sufficient food all year round.
• Donate 1,000 or more hot meals to families and children in need
• Increase awareness of by sharing advice and information each month
• Support our local Foodbank and contribute to “food drives”
and “bring a tin to work” initiatives
“We are spending an astonishing amount of money and resources on treating illnesses that are surprisingly easy to prevent. The new goal for worldwide Good Health promotes healthy lifestyles, preventive measures and modern, efficient healthcare for everyone”.
The Happies’ goal is to contribute to helping reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being by 2030.
• In support of Mental Health Awareness Day, each of The Happies receives a paid day’s leave to support their mental wellness
• Each of The Happies will have their birthdays off to enjoy celebrations
• Happy Creative is an accredited Living Wage employer, which means that all its staff are paid more than the Real Living Wage
• 50 or more wellness messages to create awareness of good practices, help, advice for better physical and mental health
• Support Blackpool Samaritans as part of their Pay for a Day campaign. On 21st May our donation helps the team take 70 calls and emails from people in need
• Deliver 10 or more Buddy Boxes: A hug in a box, hand-picked to nourish, inspire and encourage self-care. These boxes are hand-made by the team at Blurt - increasing awareness and understanding of depression
• With our donations we’re supporting Lancashire Mind who are leading a wellbeing revolution, to get people talking about mental health.
Supporting The Global Goals - Our Actions:
Since 2019 Happy are delighted to have supported Blackpool Samaritans with their “Pay for A Day”campaign. On the 21st may each year, Happy helps the Blackpool branch have a Samaritan available to help with an average 70 telephone calls, five emails and six text messages plus face to face contacts.
The health and wellbeing of our society matters to us, so as well as taking care of our own mental health we’re loving sharing easy-to-implement well-being advice and tips as part of our Support for the Global Goals.
2021 - Spreading Happiness Initiatives
In 2021, we are donating a minimum of £1000 of marketing services to support a small business affected by the pandemic.
The Happy Shop
100% of the profits from our Happy Shop, a range of “happy” merchandise from T-shirts, to mugs, cards to pens will be distributed equally between our Charity partners.
603 miles of happiness
The Happies will remotely walk, run and cycle the 603 miles from Land’s End to John O’Groats. All sponsorship raised will be distributed equally between our Charity partners.